The urban dictionary defines ‘Suit Up’ as ‘To get changed from one’s present attire into a suit’. Suit Up is a popular tag line used by Barney Stinson (played by Neil Patrick Harris) from the CBS Hit show How I Met Your Mother. His well know trademark is that he is always wearing a suit. Why? It seems he attributes every success in his life (be it women or work) to his wearing of a suit. Therefore Suit Up!
(Clip of Barney telling you to Suit Up. A legen.. Wait for it ..dary phrase)
In homage to the king of Suit Up we thought it be fun to put up some of Barney’s memorable Bro code rules (in no particular order)
1. A bro must, at all times, Suit Up. EXCEPTION: Funerals. A suit is a happy thing. If a bro must mourn, he shall do it in a white T-shirt.
2. Bros before hoes. I cannot stress this enough. Always remember, girlfriends come and go, but your boys are always there. Breaking this rule is to commit the cardinal sin against Team Testosterone.
3. Never drink the last beer, unless you’ve been granted specific permission that it’s OK.
4. You must never own a cat.
5. You are allowed to enjoy exactly one chick TV show, and one chick flick. (Mine are Dawson’s Creek and Love, Actually). You may haveno more. And if you like Grease, well, we’re already too late.
6. Standard shotgun rules are as follows. A. Shotgun may only be calledwithin full sight of the car. B. Shotgun must be called outside. C. Shotgun calls last approximately ten minutes. D. Shotgun never carries over to a second ride.
7. NO PDA (Public Displays of Affection). Hey, congratulations, another girl can stand the sight of you. You don’t need to wear her like a ******* trophy.
8. Don’t tell other guys elaborate stories about your weightlifting exercise routine. No one cares.
9. Never openly question another guy’s sports wisdom, unless said information specifically pertains to your favorite team. It doesn’t matter how ludicrous the other guy sounds telling you that Jake Plummer was better than Steve McNair last season, let him be.
10. When out with the guys, never accept a call from your girlfriend—unless she’s dying or trapped under a burning fuel truck, and if that’s the case, make it quick.
11. Always allow a buffer zone at urinals and on couches.
12. A bro should not sing and dance at the same time
13. A bro should not swing his arms when he is walking.
14. A bro should never carry a woman’s handbag…Just Suit Up!
15. A bro should never refer to an athlete as a “stud”
16. A bro should never say “it’s to die for”
17. A bro should never wrap a towel around his head after leaving the shower.
18. A bro should never “sip” and alcoholic drink through a straw
19. A bro should never wear a blouse……Just Suit Up!!!
20. No bro should make a kissing face in a photo.
21. A bro should not talk to another bro in the bathroom.
22.Two bro should not share an umbrella.
23. A bro should never wiggle out of a pair of pants
24. A bro must never call another bro just to chat
25. A Bro Must Never Saw “Awww”
26. A Bro must never take a bath regardless of being injured in a Backyard Wrestling Match
27. Leave No Bro Behind
28. When another bro is in a fight you must always have his back, unless he has done something recently which would deservea beating then let him recieve a few shots then jump in
29. Bros must watch the show entourage
30. A bro must never tell other bros he has a “broken heart”
31. A bro must never distract another bro while playing Guitar Hero.
32. A bro must never put smily faces in messeges, comments, texts etc.
33. A bro never hits another bro in the groin unless its a punishment for breaking The Bro Code.
34. Once a bro, always a bro. When/if The Bro Code is ever broken, said bro will do whatever the effectedbro desires. If the second bro is unable to come up with anything, we shall revert to the rules of a Slap Bet, therefore the first bro will have to choose between ten slaps by effected bro or five slaps to be carried out at any point in time. If no bro is affected, his best bro must choose a modest punishment in public.
See more Bro Code on the CBS show How I Met Your Mother here: Click